The leaves are just beginning to change colors which makes for a wonderful drive home on the weekends. The trip up north is just beautiful, the oranges and the reds and the yellows...it's almost hard to keep my eyes on the road!
The only thing missing so far is a trip to Robinette's - the local cider mill. It's not truly Fall until you've had a warm pumpkin spice donut with a hot cup of cider from Robinette's! Soon...very soon...I may even request that the hubby takes me on the hayride with all of the other elementary school kids. I'm not scurrrrrred.
Another bit of exciting news, my husband and I will be home on Halloween night this year. This will be our first year giving candy out to all of the little ghosts and goblins in our neighborhood. I'm super excited and I know he is too...can't wait to see all the cute little kiddies all dressed up!
I'll leave you, my fellow bloggers, with a scrumptious little tidbit: here's a recipe for your September/October/Fall menu:
Apple Crisp
10 Cups of Sliced Apples (I use McIntosh)
1 Cup of Sugar
| Packin' some dang brown sugar! |
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Cup of Flour
1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Brown Sugar (Packed)
1 Cup of Quick-Cooking Oats
1/2 Cup of Butter (Melted)
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350, place sliced apples in a 9x13 glass baking dish. In a bowl, mix sugar, tablespoon of flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle water over apples. Mix cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, oats and butter. Sprinkle over apples. Bake for 45 minutes. I like to serve mine with a big scoop of Vanilla ice cream...ENJOY! (and oh, you WILL!)

No comments:
Post a Comment