10.06.2010

Art Prize

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Today is one of those perfect Fall days.  The sun is shining and it's lighting the whole world up, yet the air is still brisk, so don't let that fool you.  I love days like these...makes you want to rake up a big pile of leaves and jump in them!  OK, let me be honest, I haven't done that since I was in my teens...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try!  I'd love to see what Oscar would do with a big pile of crunchy leaves.  I'm guessing a little speed racer, mixed in with a dash of "leaf in the mouth", and a tiny bit of headfirst pouncing straight into the pile.  At least those are his usual tricks.

Tonight, we go to Art Prize...finally!  Thousands of artists from around the globe have settled into Grand Rapids for the past several weeks, making it their city wide art gallery.  The exhibits have already been narrowed down into the Top 10 and I am beyond excited to be able to see them up close and personal.  It's been tough to avoid the news coverage on Art Prize, but I've been successful so far (but VERY curious).

 In other amazing news, my Grandpa Garcia has had a major turn around yesterday, showing his family JUST how truly strong and amazing he is.  He's back to breathing on his own, eating food [not entirely SOLID food, but I know he'll get there], sitting up in bed, handling dialysis AND off of his blood pressure meds!  My mom is 100% right when she says my Grandpa is a FIGHTER!  That he is!  Well...plus he's always been a bit stubborn ;)

I'm taking my camera with me to Art Prize, so I'll be sure to post pictures of my favorite pieces for you all to be able to enjoy.  You're welcome.  Hehe.

I'll leave you with this little tidbit of the day:
Did you know that your CELL PHONE has 500 TIMES MORE bacteria than a TOILET SEAT?
Nasty, huh?  I think I'll go wet nap my phone now, excuse me...

No comments:

Post a Comment