 |
| Homecoming Tailgate circa '05? |
|
Ahhh...I love the feeling that I get when I pull in to Mount Pleasant this time of year. Yes folks, it's time for Homecoming again! I thank goodness that I don't only have to experience Mount Pleasant once in a great while, and that my in-laws live there so that I'm able to go back time and time again. I love that city! That quaint little town had once seemed so HUGE to me, coming straight out of Standish, Michigan. I have so many great memories from living there! Before, homecoming meant a whole weekend of festivities (100% of which revolved around alcohol). Now, we gear up for that one big day, Saturday. Truth is, I don't think I have the sort of tolerance to booze that I used to...and a whole weekend of it just seems, well, exhausting.
 |
| Tailgating as Alumni '08 |
That time in my life was so carefree. No major bills to pay, no mortgage...no responsibility, just get to class on time! Oh, and we thought we were so cool too! Going to the Wayside every Thursday night and dancing until we dropped, or at least until we got overly sweaty. That was our routine and something we all really looked forward to every week. We were a good group of girls though, and we stayed out of trouble for the most part, always looking out for one another.
 |
| Homecoming 2009 |
|
When it was time to tailgate we were all about business, planning drinks in advance. They had to be easy to mix and carry and even CONCEAL at certain points in our college lives. When we knew driving would be an issue we'd call the taxi bus to pick us up and drop us off at tailgate...wandering our way back to our apartments and dorms was never a problem. You know what? I don't think we even stayed for the whole football game. Isn't that horrible? Go Chips?
No, but seriously, I am very excited to head back to my school and support the Chips this coming weekend. It will be nice to see some familiar faces while I'm there too. Funny how things have changed. Instead of wandering home to an apartment with my best friend, I'm sure I'll be heading back to my in-laws with my husband. We're all a little older but we still remember how to have a good time, right?
A little tidbit for ya: Did you know that both Christina Aguilera AND Courtney Cox are separating from their husbands? Crazy...is there anyone left that ISN'T divorced? Sad...
No comments:
Post a Comment