1.06.2011

New Year, New You?

Nope, probably not.

Okay, since that topic has now been addressed, let's move on shall we?

For those of you that read this blog, thank you for sticking around through my "leave of absence", A.K.A. The Holidays.  Now that they are over I can get back to my daily/weekly routines, like updating this lovely blog.  Looking back at the last year, I can easily say that 2010 has been the best year of my life.  So many exciting things happened...living in a new home, marrying the hub-a-roni, honeymooning in Cozumel, scoring an amazing new job...I've truly been blessed.  I can only hope that 2011 is just as kind to me.

One thing I know I am really looking forward to, as lame as it may sound, is new TV shows.  Translation:  I can't wait to see what Jennifer Lopez wears on American Idol [love her].

Love the dress, but I could do without the fishy-lips.
I read an article online about things that a child born in 2011 will never know.  Some of the things on the list made me pretty sad, like the existence of books or magazines....others were pretty shocking, like watches, CD's, and anything with a wire:  SCARY!  I can't imagine my child not knowing what a BOOK is???  Maybe my child will look back fondly upon books as I do of my good ol' WalkMan.  Funny thought, ha!

A thoughtful tidbit for today:  Over the holidays, one of the many board games my family played was "ImaginIff".  In this game you are given a hypothetical scenario (ImaginIff "Gary" was a profession, what would "Gary" be?).  If your answer matches the answer of the majority of the players, you get a point.  One of the questions that fell under my name was "ImaginIff something major happened, who would be the first to write about it?"  It was a unanimous decision, the whole family picked me...not too surprising I suppose, my family knows me all too well.  Sometimes I wonder if it is a BAD thing though; that I "wear my heart on my sleeve" so-to-speak.  What do you think?







 *Photo courtesy of Denise Truscello/WireImage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment