I don't know why I get so excited when an award show comes on - you'd think I was related to one of the actors or actresses. I feel like I have a stake in the movies I watch. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I just plain old love going to/watching movies...so much so that I'll often go alone. Maybe it's the appreciation I have for the fact that the people who attend these award shows are the ones who are able to transport me to worlds unlike my own.
So, on that note...I must give my opinion of what I saw:
Blonde Emma Stone = AMAZING.
![]() |
| So pretty! |
My other favorite look of the night:
![]() | |
| January Jones |
But, I would also like to mention:
![]() |
| Olivia Wilde |
![]() | |
| Anne Hathaway |
Such pretty dresses! I would love to wear the red dress that January Jones had on...wow, so glamorous!
I remember what it was like to go to a couple of these Hollywood events back when I lived in California. I was able to walk the red carpet and see some amazing talent. I was no where NEAR close to rubbing elbows with the stars, but I still felt like I was part of something really special. I feel very thankful I was able to do those things...I guess you could say these were some of those bucket list items [see bucket list blog]?
Anyway, I will sit here with my slice of homemade apple pie and vanilla Lactaid ice cream, and I will continue to cheer on the actors and actresses as if they knew I existed. I will make my husband listen to the little tidbits of knowledge I have on the movies I care about and the dresses the stars are wearing (pure torture for him, poor thing). I will continue to love movies and I think I will ALWAYS get that anxious/excited feeling when I see that Paramount/Columbia/Sony/FoxSearchlight/MGM/Orion/Universal/WarnerBrothers graphic come up whether I'm sitting in a dark, crowded movie theater or eating microwave popcorn on my couch.
A did-you-know tidbit tonight, Golden Globe themed: Did you know that Emma Stone is naturally a blonde to begin with? She decided to go red to be taken more seriously in Hollywood and help with not being stereotyped in to certain roles. She went back to blonde for her role in the upcoming SpiderMan movie. I personally think she can pull off either one, she looks great!





No comments:
Post a Comment