2.08.2011

How Old Are We Again?

This blog has nothing to do with the fact that my 10 year high school reunion is right around the corner [barf.], and everything to do with the fact that we [hubbs & I] recently partied like we were 21 again [barf.].

We celebrated the hubby's 31st birthday by spending the weekend on the slopes up in Gaylord.  I do NOT snowboard enough to NOT be sore after something like that.  My friend Haley helped me attempt to ride the front edge of my board (which is really the way I'm supposed to be riding, not cheating on my back edge like I always do) and my knees and wrists really took a beating.  Let's just say that I wasn't walking right for 3 days after.  We did have a lot of fun though.  It was good to catch up with friends and, as always, I enjoyed the eating and the drinking portion of the snowboard/ski trip.   It was also pretty entertaining to watch my sister attempt to ski for the first time.  Ol' Bambie Legs was all wobbly and oh-so-cute.  She did well though...had a minor mid-hill emotional breakdown, but did well.

My poor body was already like "WHY?!!?!!" but I felt the need to push it even further with a late night drinking binge.  I wasn't alone in my crusade to get drunk.  There was a house load full of eager participants including my husband, sister, sister-from-another-mister Shawna, Haley & her husband and my brother-in-law Eric.  We were successful.  Not only did we have a bracket set up for a ping-pong tourney, but we had a drunken sing-a-long, dancing [which included the dog]....and video evidence.  This video will be kept hidden for now, however it may resurface one day when I need to bribe my husband for something.  For some reason my ham of a hubbs seemed to be the "star" of every video; there was inappropriate dancing with the guitar from Guitar Hero...there was some singing to Journey - which included more of that guitar...and there was an unfortunate accident involving an attempt to pole dance on a floor lamp.  Entertaining to say the least...

I may also have proof - that, again, I will not be sharing - of the scenario I woke up to at 4 a.m. that weekend.  After rolling over in bed to find that the hubbs was not there and the music was still blasting, I decided do some investigating.  I could not have imagined what I was about to find after walking into the living room:  the room was pitch black and Dave Matthews Band was blaring on the stereo...Danny was in a fetal position passed out on the chair and my brother-in-law was on his knees, face-planted into the ottoman at Danny's feet.  I have never seen something so funny and so disturbing at the same time.  I immediately took a picture and then went back to bed.

Ahh man, it was a great weekend overall...some awesome memories made.

Tidbit for today:  Hooooly Christina Aguilera = hot mess, in more ways than one.  Did you see her sing the National Anthem during Superbowl?  Ouch.  Missed some lyrics and swapped some in other spots all while looking like a drag queen.  Now THAT is talent my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment