3.02.2011

Exciting Changes

Don't get too excited, these changes have nothing to do with my personal life.  HOWEVER, they do have a lot to do with the ones that I love and hold dear.

February brought about many new changes.  In a matter of a couple weeks I found out that two of my best friends were engaged to be married and another was pregnant!  If that's not a sign of the times (that I am getting old), then I don't know what is.  When I try to think back to the last time something "big" has happened in our lives or the lives of my friends it's hard to pinpoint one specific thing.  Sure, it's fun to hear when you're friend bought their first car or when you find out what college they've chosen...but those aren't life-changing events.  I can't think of one thing that's more exciting than hearing that a close friend will be getting married.  I can't think of one COOLER idea than the thought of a close friend being a new mother.  I mean, really, how neat is that?  Everything else just pales in comparison.  I feel emotional and excited all in one...and they probably have no idea that I even feel this way (aside from the initial phone calls and the shrieks and "ooh's & ahh's" to follow).  I realized that from here on out it's probably going to be a lot like this:  monumental life events that truly do change things.  I love how life moves along without you even realizing it, until you get a reality check from God in the form of a best friend's wedding or a new baby.  Life is good and I am so happy for my friends.

No tidbit today....just have a happy day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment