I think about this a lot. It may sound morbid, but let's just say that I always like to have something to look forward to. It's fun to imagine all of my favorite things, all in one place.
Of course, all of my important people will be there. I'm positive my grandpa will be there with open arms, waiting with a big hug for me. My family, my friends...in my heaven we are neighbors, we all live on the same block and we eat dinner together every night.
But, that's where the normal stuff stops. In my little slice of heaven, I would wake up every morning to an hour long pedicure and foot massage, given by the one and only Leonardo DiCaprio. I would be served breakfast in bed by Paul Rudd. [Don't worry, my husband would be in my heaven too...but I'm sure his slice of heaven would include a little bit of Brooke Burke] Winter would last for only the month of December and every other month would feel like June...I've always loved June. I would live on a puppy farm in the country, where every breed would grow. I would have my chef make us all of our favorite dishes. Shopping would be my job and Chris Martin would live in my basement and provide the soundtrack to my heavenly life. Oh yeah, and I would look like this:
![]() |
| Gorgeous Gemma... |
Hey, it's heaven, I can do what I want. What would your heaven be like?
A tasty tidbit today: a recipe for an appetizer that I made for Thanksgiving at my in-laws. WARNING: If you do not like spicy things, then I do NOT recommend this recipe because it definitely has some kick to it. I am a lover of all things "hot" so I am a huge fan of this recipe but it is not for those with heartburn issues! This was my first time trying this recipe, and with the list of ingredients that went in it I wasn't sure if I would like it or not...it really is an odd combination. BUT, everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it's easy to throw together. So, per my mother's request, here it is!
Alabama Caviar
3 cans of black-eyed peas
1 green bell pepper
1 clove of minced garlic
6 oz. can of jalapenos
1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
1 bag of Tostitos - I prefer the Scoops kind
Drain & rinse the black-eyed peas and put into a serving bowl. Add diced bell pepper, minced garlic, jalapenos, and Italian dressing. Remember: the longer it sets the hotter it gets!


No comments:
Post a Comment