11.01.2010

An Ode To My Crock Pot

Oh crock pot, how I love thee.  You keep my dinner warm and juicy while I slave away at work.  You never let me down.  When I open the door to my home, and a wave of simmering yum-yum hits my nostrils, I remember just how lovely you really are crock pot.  You are like an old trusty friend to me.

It's true, I love my crock pot.  I don't use it nearly as often as I should, but every time I do I remember just how amazing it is.  I love the fact that using a crock pot is effortless.  Literally, some of the yummiest meals I've had were thrown together in the morning - before a long day at the office - and within a matter of minutes.  I love the peace of mind my crock pot gives me...I'm off the hook for dinner that evening because, well, it's already DONE!  Does it get any better than that?  I think not...

Okay, so maybe I'm being just a tiny bit dramatic.  It may be due to the fact that I'm coming off of my own little crock pot high.  With a crock pot and three - yes, that's right, only THREE - simple ingredients, my husband and I were able to enjoy a flavorful meal with enough left over for the next night's dinner as well.

If you're looking for an easy (and cheap, too) crock pot meal, look no further!  Here is the recipe I've been raving about:

Crock Pot Turkey
1 - 3 lb. Turkey Breast (I bought mine frozen and thawed it BEFORE throwing it in the crock pot)
1- Envelope of Onion Soup mix
1- Can of Ocean Spray Cranberry Jelly

Yup, that's it!  Toss it all in a crock pot with 1/2 cup of water for 4 hours on HIGH and 2 hours on LOW and you've got yourself an excellent turkey dinner.  This specific recipe is a perfect mix of sweet and salty and goes really great with a baked potato and some green beans maybe?  That part is up to you.  This is also something you may want to bring to a Thanksgiving dinner, as an alternative to the traditional turkey [it's always nice to have a variety to choose from, right?].  Enjoy!

An FYI tidbit tonight bloggers:  I am now the proud owner of a new Smart Phone, the Droid Incredible.  That isn't the fun part though, the fun part is one of it's amazing features.  It's called "Latitude" and it tracks my husband.  Seriously.  I have a 24 hour GPS on my husband and can now see his whereabouts whenever I want to.  Why hasn't this been invented until now?  As my sister put it, "that's perfect for a stalker wife like you!"  So true, so true... That thing works like a charm too, I love it...the hubbs was running late coming home from work today and instead of having to call to see how close he was, all it took was one little tap to see that he was driving down Fuller and almost to Knapp Street.  Neat, huh?  Technology these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment